I wondered if Hammie might be a donor.
Dwight

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
Sender: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 09:22:57
To: Diesel List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Heater swap

Peach Parts has a writeup: http://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/W123ACC1Conversion

And I've got a 240D just waiting to source parts from...

-Curt

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 16:05:49 -0600
From: Craig <diese...@pisquared.net>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 17:30:11 -0400 Michael Canfield <slozuk...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to swap out manual heater controls
> from a 240d into my 300d to replace the automatic stuff?  I like the old
> "playschool knobs" my 82 240 had much better.

If you have a source for all the right parts (which is probably more parts
than you would think, i.e., you probably need to have a donor 240D that
you are going to leave incapacitated), you should be able to make the
swap.

I found that out when I changed our 240D with an automatic transmission to
a naturally-aspirated 300D with a manual transmission. With the major
parts from a donor and smaller bits and wear items from Rusty, everything
bolted right together and fit the chassis without problems.

Craig