The issue here is AQ.

-----Original Message-----
From: G Mann <g2ma...@gmail.com>
Sender: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:43:41
To: Mercedes Discussion List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] conversion of diesel-fueled engines to natural gas.

I have some experience with that program. About 12 years ago our local
transit system converted several buses to LNG [Liquified Natural Gas] to
join the "clean is green" movement.  The engines ran OK, delivery and fill
systems worked fine, however, power and mileage lost the match.  Total BTU
of LNG vs Diesel equation vs costs to convert, store, fill, and deal with
the whole mess only worked because it was done on a government paid "money
is no object" program.  As soon as the "special money" ran out.... back to
diesel.

Cant imagine how that would work in todays economy for an individual with
one or two vehicles, dependent upon the one LNG filling station within 100
miles of home.

Your decision, don't shoot the messenger.

Grant...
If it's diesel, it's mine.