On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 13:29:36 -0400 Michael Canfield <slozuk...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Fred,
>   I have even gone so far as to adjust the shoes as tight as they will
> go and then bleed with no pedal at all until several pumps, then only a
> little.  Frustrating.

It, then, is definitely a hydraulic problem. From your previous email,
you need to take a good hard look at the master cylinder. Are the rubber
seals put in in the correct direction? When I rebuilt a cylinder for a
Willys Utility Wagon, I put the seals in in what seemed to be the correct
direction but was wrong. It caused the brakes to not release fully. Other
errors could cause other symptoms.

BTW, Rusty can get parts for a lot more marques than just Mercedes.

Craig