The merchant banks. Credit cards get a base + percent.

-Rolf

On 09/11/2011 11:50 PM, Brian Toscano wrote:
Who makes money for every swipe&  a percentage of the transaction if the
banks dont?

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 7:56 PM, Rolf<r...@winmutt.com>  wrote:

The banks don't make any money on debit cards and therein lies the rub. I
believe the $3 a month for a debit card is pretty nominal. BoA has already
raised their ATM fees to $3.50! BoA and Citi are also talking about limiting
the transactions to $50-$100 or less.

Temporary lay offs, good times.
EZ credit rip offs, good times!

-Rolf