Did you disconnect the kick-down switch?

Max

"Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net> wrote:

update.

So yesterday I put in some sea foam, shifted thru the gears, tried to
drive it but still no upshift, let it run a while during which I shifted
thru the gears with the brake on. Pulled the pan, not much crap in
there, pretty clean actually although I did notice a small little chip
of plastic about an 1/8th of an inch long. Changed the filter. Put it
back together and took off and it shifted! Drove it a couple of miles,
back to the house. Tranny shifts very hard and I have a leak in the acc
system, I unhooked that and plugged off to see if it made a different.
Went back out, wont upshift again!!!!!!!! I did not even turn the car
off. Pulled back in driveway, put that vacuum line back on, back out,
would not shift, back to driveway and back out again. It shifts!!
Drive it a few miles no problem. Get back home, check vacuum system,
VCV on IP working, modulator not holding vacuum. Back in car , it
shifts so I need to replace the modulator. Shut if off. Then put the
radio in it for the kid later that evening, started it up, DOES NOT
SHIFT again!!! WTF??? I am just about ready to yank the tranny and swap
it out AGAIN. What the heck could be causing this intermittant
problem? Its got to be something sticking in the governor. Its wierd
why it started shifting after a filter change but now back to no shift.
Also, it seems like it might actually be in 2nd, because if I manually
shift it down it drops a gear, then back to D I cant really feel it
shift to 2nd but if I drop it back to low again, it drops back to
first. Could the hard shifting from the modulator be causing it to
stick? I dont see how.