Brian Toscano wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SK_Hand_Tools

"In 1985 SK became part of Facom Tools."

So that's why I started noticing warranty trouble in the spring of 1986.
Just minor stuff, the girl at the hardware store, instead of handing me a new tool, spent ten minutes looking the tool up in her warranty book and inspecting it for 'signs of abuse which would negate warranty' before handing me a new tool. I said 'my warranty paperwork from ten years ago says 'unconditional lifetime warranty', she said 'if I don't go by the new book we won't be reimbursed' and I said 'so long, S-K'.

I have bought a S-K flare nut wrench since then, after paying too much at a FLAPS for a 'Made in USA' Cal-Van that never would have passed Harbor Freight's quality control. Charging S-K level prices for tools that are uglier than Craftsman on the outside is one thing, when the tool is too ugly to use on the surfaces that grab the fastener, it's unacceptable, so Cal-Van earned a spot on my 'avoid for life' list over 20 years ago over that little $11 line wrench.

Mitch.