Maybe, that's what SWMBO does; in passenger seat, I'll see a pothole quarter of a mile away and think, "Surely she sees it; I'll try not to say anything - a little pressure left or right on the steering wheel, and she'll miss it." You guessed it - she'll drive straight through the middle of it.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I used Shoe Goo tonight...

There is a story in the Drivers ed circuits about calling attention to something on the side of the road.

DE instructor:  "Watch out for the police car on the shoulder."
Student proceeds to run into the police car because attention was diverted form the road to the car, and we tend to go where our eyes are looking....

That is what they teach in motorcycle rider training. If you look directly at a pothole or such, it is difficult not to run right over it.

Randy