The radio in my 190D is like that, it was one of the complaints on Amazon and I should have paid better attention. I've installed a little flap of cloth over it until I have time to investigate ways to cut down the brightness.

A lot of aftermarket units don't tie the brightness to the dash
light circuit, which would be a good first step.  I had one that
was so bright I opened up the control panel and slipped in a piece
of exposed film leader, which was a nice neutral-density filter
for the LED's.

-- Jim