I have a collection of sample books of lighting gells (Colortron?) that
include neutral density filters - cut off bits of them and apply as needed.
You can also use the opposite color on a colored LED that's too bright to
tame it. We have one over the face of an alarm clock that is just too
bright.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

> The radio in my 190D is like that, it was one of the complaints on Amazon
>> and I should have paid better attention. I've installed a little flap of
>> cloth over it until I have time to investigate ways to cut down the
>> brightness.
>>

> A lot of aftermarket units don't tie the brightness to the dash
> light circuit, which would be a good first step.  I had one that
> was so bright I opened up the control panel and slipped in a piece
> of exposed film leader, which was a nice neutral-density filter
> for the LED's.
>

> -- Jim

OK Don
2001 ML320