I have ATT DSL, it has issues at various times. My modem/router tells me that the DNS servers do not respond, my internet connection is up/down and intermittent, or not at all. This usually lasts for a coupla days or more. Whenever I call they tell me I need a new modem because they have no service issues. I ask Debashish what that means, that their DNS servers are not responding, and he tells me my modem is not "locking on" but then after a while it is back to OK for some weeks. I searched the DNS server address, and I get a bunch of hits about complaints about the same thing, ATT servers not serving properly. Sometimes after I call I see service crews out on the road doing things, once after a lot of rain they were out pumping the underground lines from various manholes in the median of the road. Idiots. But of course I get no rebates or whatever for their poor service. When it actually works it is pretty fast. The remote office is about 1000ft away, so it's not a distance issue.

--R