I was chagrined when my recently refurbished 1985 300TD ran dry of SLS
(self leveling system) fluid, despite any indication of leakage in the form
of puddles or drips under hte car.  The fluid is also not getting into the
crankcase (according to the oil dipstick).  I was thinking that it might be
leaking while the engine is running, or maybe I hadn't added enough fluid
to begin with.  To hopefully diagnose this problem, would it be OK to add
SLS fluid to the refill canister with the engine running, while checking
for leaks?

TIA,

Andrew
1983 and 1985 300TDs