Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:00:13 -0500
From: Jaime Kopchinski <jaime...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] A lost cause?

I sold a '79 300D which had a low-mileage crate motor to a guy in Canada
back in 2002 (for something like $1000).    I heard from him a few years
ago and he was still driving it.  He added a webasto stationary heater,
diesel fired.  He said it was very expensive (compared to the price of the
car), but worked perfectly to warm up the car and the engine on a timer and
make starting a breeze.

Jaime