> G Mann wrote:

> All good points.
>
> The end result, in any case is to place the engine at the
> ''sweet spot" as much as possible, even on the heavy haul big
> rigs.
>
> If running a small engine at speed to run a generator worked,
> surly someone would be doing it now.  Why not?

Well, I don't know.  Maybe 'cause I'm too busy. *grin*

Or - maybe because it's more politics and marketing than
engineering that's driving the green "market".  Or it's one of
those "We don't want results, we want research money" issues.

All that said, there is a limit to the crude oil that can be
extracted from the earth's crust.  I think it only prudent to
look for, and develop, alternatives.

It's really not too hard to find oil to transesterfy into diesel
- oil that can come from poultry processing, algae, etc.  That
is part of why I think diesel cycle engine is such a good idea.

--   Philip