Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> writes:

> The local bus line is looking at hybrid buses

They're running a few here.  I've never seen any numbers published
comparing fuel savings to the extra initial cost and whatever
extra maintenance they might require.

I can see the theory of regenerative braking making some sense on urban
busses that are stopping and starting almost every block.  I don't know
how well it works in practice.

Also imagine a flywheel storing the energy of bringing a bus to a stop
from 30mph.  I wouldn't want to be nearby if that thing ever broke apart.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD