Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:23:35 -0800
From: Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W116 electrical gremlins

> Can someone elaborate on this?  Is it "just roll up a 1" x 1 1/4"
> square of foil and put it in the hole, then stuff the bulb in"

You remove the back part so you can get access, and make a square
collar that fits in the hole and yet doesn't get into the wiring.
There are plastic covers on the light pipes, you pop those off
and wrap the light pipe in aluminum foil, then re-secure the
assembly.  It's fairly obvious once you're in there.

-- Jim