Any system that doesn't have competition built in to it
is going to fail.  Any system that can't find a way to
eliminate or sidetrack those unwilling to, or incapable
of, learning is also doomed.  Or we are.

Our son went to a two-room school for K-3.  Three teachers,
one for K and two sharing 1-3.  Low budget, technologically
laughable.  Dependent upon volunteer effort from the parents
for all extras.  Phenomenal education.  Cherry picking?  To
a degree.  But these teachers cared, and your kid can get
kicked out.

It was also less money than day care.

-- Jim