The guy I worked for at the time was a Jag nut, and had 7-8 Jags at any given
time.

A typical count would be:

195x XK140 (all original, needed restoration)
2 - late 50s/early 60s Mark IVs
1967 XKE 4.2 litre
2 - mid 70s XJ6s
1978 XJ12

The nice thing about this was that I got to drive any of them I wanted home in
the evenings or on the weekends, if they were at the shop.  I was in my late
teens at the time - can you imagine being 18-19 years old and driving an XKE or
an XJ12?

The XKE was a bit of a beater, so I usually drove the XJ12 when I could.  Only
bad thing about that car was the lousy fuel mileage.  I seem to recall it
having some really archaic transmission in it, like a Ford FMX, that shifted
out of first gear at about 7 mph.

The XJ12 was a real beauty, and I probably spent most of my time keeping it up.
 Since it was normally aspirated, keeping the carbs balanced and the engine
tuned was a full time job.  It was shoehorned in the engine compartment so
tightly you could barely stick your hand in between the engine and side of the
compartment.

I remember putting a water pump on it once - I recall that we had to
disassemble the front clip to get to it.

The one thing that was really amazing about that car was the ability to go down
the road at 80 or 100 mph, and you would swear you were doing 30 mph, it rode
so nicely.

Dan