> Dan Penoff wrote:

> I question that statement, as I can go back and look at cars
> in the 70s or 80s and see some pretty significant differences
> between the brands design-wise.

Sure _you_ can.  But is that an intrinsic difference?

> Sure, there were some similarities, but I challenge someone
> who is not car savvy to pick out, say, a Jaguar X class from a
> Hyundai in a group of cars built today.

As an example, in the 80s, my mother said, "The cars today all
look the same."  But she could spot the make and model of 40s
and 50s cars from across the interstate median.

I was talking to a youngster (relatively...) who said the cars
today all look the same, but those from the 90s and early
2000s have some class distinctions.

It is from such data that I drew my conclusion.

--   Philip