Ammonia It cuts grease, and should cut the tar. If there are tough spots, wiping with bioDiesel will dissolve them. It is the magic ingredient in windex.

Thanks everyone from some great suggestions. I have decided to try most all of them. I have rented an ozone generator for 2 days for $50.00. Before I use it I will clean the entire interior thoroughly and install the 4 new cabin filters. After I finish, I plan on alternating coffee and baking soda in containers at night and putting sheets of fabric softener under the seats.

Opinions follow, beware!

Cleaning: Most excellent!  Not sure whether ammonia or vinegar
(or both!) is the best solvent for this grime, but I bet you'll
find out.  I like my homemade window cleaner (ammonia/alcohol
mix in a spray bottle) for glass and hard surfaces.  Get them
all, for sure.

Ozone: Sounds good, attack it at the source.  I have a thrift-shop
ozone generator I got for cheap years ago, but I've not yet had
occasion to use it.  Have been warned about potential damage to
rubber, plastic, and fabrics if overused.

Coffee/BS: they are absorbants, sucking up what migrates out of the
vehicle into the air.  How better than leaving windows open so
migrations can just leave?

Softener, Febreze, etc.: Pew!  Adds to the problem IMHO.

-- Jim