I had an 84 300CD that really did justice to the model.

The original owner was a manager at the Montvale, NJ parts distribution center,
and as a result, this car was pimped out in a very stock manner.

After I got it and tweaked the ALDA, it would chirp the tires on the 1-2 up
shift without significant effort.

It was a great car, the only problem being that as my kids got older (and
taller!) they could no longer fit comfortably in the back seats.

The 300CD in the turbo model is highly underrated, IMHO.

Dan