might get enough warmth to get the thing to turn over, but no way you will be
able to heat it.  Lose electrons at the point of inverter, then the pre heater
would suck the battery dry in minutes trying to make 800watt

clay

Best to hit the local harbor freight and get a small genset.  I figure 1kw
peak, a gallon of fuel would be the same as toting a large enough battery.