Should cost less. Years ago I worked for a CAD company in Boston. When
customers came to us saying their computers were stolen or burned or whatever
we had to remind them to include the software cost as part of their insurance
claim. The program was licensed to a particular processor and they cut no one
any slack. Sun had processors with serial numbers readable by the software at
the time. Same thing today if someone steals your laptop - Windows goes with it
and is part of the replacement cost.

-Dave Walton