Ahhh Jerry, I won't mention where Craftsman are made...

I've given up on Sears entirely which probably helps to explain their troubles. The staff is what really gets me, they're idiots.

For tools that don't have moving parts I've switched entirely to Harbor Freight. Their wrenches and sockets are excellent. The only downside as Jim Cathy pointed out is they laser etch their sockets and if they get rusty you'll lose the etching. I'm planning to buy a punch kit if that happens. They're good sockets and come in a good carrier.

Only tools I have bought that say crapsman on them for the past 40 years are deep sockets. Last I knew, those were still good.

40 years ago I spent what was big money to me at the time for a snears metric set, with combination wrenches and sockets. No complaint about the sockets, the the combination wrenches were crap even that long ago. The box walls were so thick that you could not get them on nuts in counterbores. The fit on the nut was sloppy, and the 12 "points" were so far from the outside of the wrench that you round off a lot of nuts, or slip off and skin your knuckles.

Compared to the snears crapsman, the HF open end, box, or combination wrenches are way better. Even if the cost was the same, I would buy HF over snears. HF are better wrenches.

SK and truecraft are the best value for really high quality I have seen. True Value/Ace is good too, but not really any better than HF.

I loved the SK 3/8 SAE socket set I used to have.

There are reasons Snears is going out of business. One reason is the idiots they inhabit the stores with. Crapsman is another reason.

RE: etched sockets
I plan to color code mine, and/or write on them with an engraver.
I bought a set of the HF color coded sockets too, and a color coded set of deep sockets. These are only available in 3/8 drive unfortunately.