FB could be hogging system resources under FF.  How many additional do-dads
have you got FF running?  The more plug ins, the more it will hog.  There are
also bound to be things FB is hooking into and not letting go of when you log
out.  As time goes on, the processes build up and become more sticky.  Might be
good to reboot every month or so.  Also good to do some system clean up of
preferences and things with disk tools

clay