I have really wanted a Passat or Jetta, ,but every time I get close to pulling
the trigger I get spooked by stories about repair costs and problems.

I know a guy who has one of the early Passat diesel wagons, and he's had very
little trouble with it, so I'm not totally sure why they give me the jitters.

I passed on a beautiful Jetta wagon down here a while back because it had their
version of all wheel drive.  Couldn't find anything really negative about it,
but it just spooked me.

Dan