On Jul 15, 2012, at 11:05 PM, "Brian Toscano" <brian.tosc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Much of Indiana's economy relies on farming and manufacturing.

Yes. It does.

> I would
> expect a fair number of blue collar workers and their interest in auto
> racing and football.  Church may be important to many people.

Are you implying that us Hoosiers are hill rods clinging to our Bibles and
guns? You would be partially correct. What is wrong with God, guns, and family
values?

>   You will be
> 100 miles from Toledo and 175 miles from Detroit.  All are Rust Belt cities
> that have had to deal with a decline in American manufacturing and
> diversify their economies. Fort Wayne may have faired better than other
> cities in this regard.

A good deal of Midwestern manufacturing has been outsourced, but there is still
some left. Agriculture is a major part of the economy, and with draught
conditions continuing through much of the country, it doesn't bode well for
food prices in the near term, or the economy in general.

Rick
Who may not be as cultured, suave,  or cosmopolitan as some on this list.
Sent from my iPhone