Culturally you will probably find it to be lacking in a lot of respects. I
don't know that specific area in great detail, but much of what has been said
previously will be true - primarily an agrarian society with strong moral
values and limited education.

Wonderful people, but it can be a little stifling due to the limited life
experiences that can lead to a very narrow world view.

Ft. Wayne is close (1hour), and has a fairly active cultural community. You can
expect to find just about anything you would like there. Muncie (Ball State) is
close by as well, and has a thriving cultural community.

I doubt there will be much in the way of cultural diversity outside of Taylor.
As to the comment about minorities, no, the bulk of the locals are Anglos to
the best of my knowledge.

All of this being said, working in a higher educational environment (I have
found) can be quite stimulating. While the locals may not be terribly dynamic,
the faculty will most likely be an interesting bunch of people.

While this hasn't come into the conversation yet, Taylor is an evangelical
school, so the religious aspect plays a very large part in the day to day
operation of the campus. I certainly don't think they are zealots by any means,
at least not based on what I have seen and heard from my niece who graduated
from Taylor a few years ago, but I do know that the religious aspect of the
school is a significant part of things.

Guess that means you shouldn't swear like a longshoreman during your interview?

<grin>

Again, good luck! I hope you are successful in your search.

Dan