Well, the back rotors on 123/126 models are like that but I've had some that
were so tight (corrosion?) I had to use a torch to get them off.  Needless
to say, I "cleaned up" that interface (with a file) before reassembling.

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:26 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] "Bleeding" Brakes

I really appreciate the designs where the rotor is not part of/attached
to the hub.  I recently put new rotors on our Focus, and it's as easy as
removing the wheel and caliper, and the rotor just pulls off.  No
repacking hubs, replacing hub seals, etc just to replace the rotor.

Now it may be that the hubs require service about as often as the rotors
need replacing, but it's nice to be able to do that job in 10 minutes
without messing with the grease.

--
1983 300D
1979 300SD