When I was flying small airplanes this was an experience one Sunday afternoon:

Inbound control:  26N contact tower on nnn
ME:  Fort Wayne tower 26N is with you downwind for 22
Tower:  26N you are cleared to land advise turning final
ME:  clickclick
A few seconds later
United 727 inbound:  Tower United xx with you inbound for 22
Tower:  United you are cleared to land 22
ME (a bit later): 26N turning final for 22
Tower (a few seconds later, somewhat anxious): United xx go around for traffic on short final repeat go around please United xx (pilot sounding REALLY pissed): Roger tower United xx going around for 22 Tower: 26N please advise when clearing the runway and contact ground on ....

--R