I used Hylomar and reused the crossover pipe and manifold gaskets. Works fine.
Check the green O-rings. If they are hard, replace.

Mine was loaded up with an insane amount of oil residue from the EGR on the
S350. I scraped out what I could get to then used the welding gloves to hold it
while I pointed a propane torch into it to heat up the rest until it oozed out.
Got several cups worth of crud.

Hylomar now comes in a blue blister pack from Permatex. Easy to miss it.

-Dave Walton