Yes, if properly put together.   However:

On one of my OM603s , some yahoooo (probably at a stealership) put the intake back on with a 100 ft-lb rattle wrench and locktite. You would never get that apart with 1/4" stuff. I didn't think it would come apart with 3/8 without breaking. Only by being very careful I didn't break the wrenches. I beat on the bolts to try to break loose the locktite. Still the allen was twisted about 1/6 turn many times and I would back off. That was probably 60-80 ft-lb.

If you put your thumb around the rachet head, and turn the wrench about as tight as you can, that is roughly 25 ft-lb, and that is close enough on the intake manifold bolts. Even tension is more important than whether they all are 20 or 25 or 28.

NO hylomar or anything else on the gasket.  The gasket has a sealer on it.

A 1/4" drive setup is even easier to use - slips right in in the tight
spots.
OK Don