On Sep 4, 2012, at 1:57 PM, "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> I was just pulling your lariat, Grant. I am quite fascinated by the people
> who are preparing for TEOTWAWKI (not to imply that you are.) I used to work
> for someone who is convinced it's not "if", but "when".

Perhaps TEOTWAWKI is a bit severe of an acronym. You live near Tampa, and
hurricanes are your predominant natural disaster threat. If there was a
category 5 hurricane preparing to strike and Tampa was in its direct path 12
hours away, it would be too late to prepare. Are you trying to imply that
anyone who is prepared for a disaster, man made or natural is a whack job? It
would seem to me anyone who is NOT prepared for whatever natural disaster is
common in their area, to be lacking in sense. Kind of like having insurance or
three to six months of living expense in liquid assets. You hope you never need
it, but if you do it's there. With all due respects to former list member
Johnny B. the government will not be there to help you in the event of
disaster. Just ask the people of NOLA who survived Katrina.

Rick
Sent from my iPhone