I'm not talking natural disaster preparedness - we have our hurricane supplies
and all related stuff ready and waiting, and we are serious about our disaster
plans and supplies.

I was speaking more about the "preppers" who spend a great deal of time and
money preparing more for the collapse of society than for a natural disaster.
So much so that they alter their lifestyle to the point that "prepping" becomes
their primary activity in life. That is the nature of my former employer's
activities - preparing for "the end." About the only thing he hasn't done is
move to one of the "redoubt" states...

Dan