I put some new speakers in the TD years ago, and apparently the Benz speakers are some weird size, but if I recall the 4" (I think that is what they are) generally available speakers will fit with a little adjustment, and made a huge difference in sound. These were in the back, the fronts looked pretty hard to deal with. You will also need to run new wires or use the existing and bypass the fade wheel, to get the 4-way stereo/fade on the newer units. Nothing too exotic, just a bit time consuming.

--R