The W115 chassis has a single 5x7 front speaker mounted in the center of
the grill - I remember this because that's where I did the last R&R of the
heater fan in my last '76 300D.

I'd add check the half shaft CV boots - make sure they are not open.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM, clay monroe <redgh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I may be able to source some speakers from PnP.  Yard is hosting a bunch
> of w124.  At least the front 4" could be useful, if not the rears.
>
> clay
>

> On Oct 25, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Rich Thomas wrote:
>
> > I put some new speakers in the TD years ago, and apparently the Benz
> speakers are some weird size, but if I recall the 4" (I think that is what
> they are) generally available speakers will fit with a little adjustment,
> and made a huge difference in sound.  These were in the back, the fronts
> looked pretty hard to deal with.  You will also need to run new wires or
> use the existing and bypass the fade wheel, to get the 4-way stereo/fade on
> the newer units.  Nothing too exotic, just a bit time consuming.
> >
> > --R
> >
> > On 10/25/12 12:22 PM, Randy Bennell wrote:
> >> Well there is one thing I should do. There is no radio in it at the
> moment. The one that was in it when I got it was an aftermarket junker that
> did not work so I pulled it out.
> >> The kids gave me a Pioneer unit for father's day and I have never
> installed it. Partly because I assume it will need better speakers and I
> have not gone looking for sizes that will fit in original spots.
> >>
> >> So, in order to plug in the ipod I need to install the stereo.
> >>
> >> Randy

> with lots of tunes, munchies.  Tool kit with some wire and duct tape.

OK Don
2001 ML320
2012 Passat TDI DSG
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager