You should be able to get a hitch in there.  It would likely be mounted under
the trunk, straddling the fuel tank and bolted to the sheet metal of the trunk.
 U-haul shop figures it out.  My sister had one added to her 1999 volvo wagon
this summer for about $400.  Might need all of a 1.5" ball, but you may need to
upgrade the springs in the rear for heavy hauling so the tongue does not drag
the back end down.  Since you are going to be pretty close to the ground, you
would be able to use those HF trailers with bagel wheels.

clay