I'm starting to realize more and more that I need a means to transport larger
items.  The 240D is not cutting itas it is.  Is it realistic to put a tow hitch
on such an underpowered vehicle.  I'm not talking about towing anything really
heavy here. Maybe a couch or a washer or something like that.  What kind of
hitch?  Where would it get mounted?  What about a trailer?

The other option would be to buy a 123diesel wagonbut I'm not particularly
thrilled about adding another car to my unsustainable old car fleet.  An early
G wagen diesel with a manny tranny would be even nicer but a bit pricey and
hard to come by.

Thoughts?