While breaker interlocks have been around for some time, I'm just not
comfortable using one.

Maybe it's because of my time in the business, or the experience from seeing
what can happen when a system gets backfed, but I just don't like them.

Give me a true transfer switch, auto or manual, and I would feel better.

Dan