The one I hit in June, '96 suddenly was in mid-jump immediately in front of my left headlight - no warning.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fmiser" <fmi...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] my GL after wife hit a deer this morning

WILTON wrote:

In 46 years of driving I had not hit a deer until early one
evening in June, '96

I've hit 5 or so.

What I do now is lay on the horn as soon as I see one and don't
let up until it's well aft.  Usually, the sound of the horn
makes 'em scurry away - which is what I want.  I can't say it
has prevented any contact, but seeing them in a hurry to depart
makes me feel good.

--    Philip