I think mine was recessed as well.

Head is toast already, no? Drill it out, or break the guide and get a new guide?

--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC

I got it out. Used a different bolt. Yes, I have to take off the drain tube from under, and take out the lower bushing/nut for the oil supply tube for the turbo. Then wire the cam sprocket and pull the camshaft. Then headbolts, and then OFF with its head.

Should get done by 2-3. THen off to get some scrimps and goodies. Pick up SWMBO and #1D and head off to the beach for sunset and shrimp.

I plan to pack up the head and take it home to prep. seals and guides. Then put it back together next trip.