On 26/11/2012 6:51 PM, clay monroe wrote:
Sad to hear that you fell afoul of the laws of gravity.  I wish you a speedy
recovery

clay

The thing that truly amazes me is how quickly it happened. I don't know if that is a factor of age. I think perhaps in the past, I might have slipped and recovered but this time I just slipped big time. I'm not ancient - I'm 60 - and although I am a bit over nourished, I don't consider myself to be falling apart quite yet so it is a bit of a wake up call. I also consider myself to be quite careful so it bothers me that it happened like it did.

I fell a couple of times a couple of years ago but those were outdoors. I stepped out the back door in our office building on the way to my vehicle and it was icy. Down I went but I put my arm out and broke the fall mostly. I suffered a bit of pain in my shoulder for a long while - maybe because I did it a second time in the same spot. After that I seemed to catch on to the fact that it is often slippery in that spot.

I have also stepped out of my truck when it was slippery and essentially ended up hanging from my seat belt with my legs under the truck.

Apart from those incidents I have not fallen in many years. I recall a couple of incidents when I was working on the addition to our house but that would have been back in about 1987. I was backing down a ladder with tools in both hands and managed to lose my balance and fall backward onto the deck. I punched a bit of a hole in the palm of my hand that time as I landed on a duplex nail that was holding some bracing during the construction process.

I also stepped backwards off of a stepladder one time, onto a screwdriver I had left on the floor of the porch and it rolled under my foot and I went down but I don't recall really even hurting after those incidents, but, of course, I was much younger.

Randy