-----Original Message-----
>From: Craig <diese...@pisquared.net>
>Sent: Nov 27, 2012 7:19 PM
>To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
>Subject: Re: [MBZ] Leaking prechambers 603.

Those are seals, and you must use new ones.

However, the prechambers from an earlier head will often not seat properly in a
#22 head because the new ones are shaped a bit different.  The taper where the
large diameter first starts to taper down is narrower in the new pre-chambers.
Old style ones usually need to be machined down at a 45 degree angle a tad to
fit.

Or you can buy new ones and injectors for $600 a hole or so (not).

Use some plastigauge to check -- a tiny bit on the seal must be squeezed
completely out when you lightly tighten the retainer ring.  If it is not, they
will leak, and you have to either machine the head or the prechambers.

Peter