Not sure - I'll have to take a closer look.

What is interesting is his comment about hitting a bump in this person's
driveway and then the belt shredding. As one might expect, a small piece came
loose and started whipping around. Thankfully, he's smart enough to shut off
the engine and investigate. He cut off the loose part and picked the threads
that were stuck around the engine off.

Dan

On Dec 3, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:

> Is there anything near the belt that could move and bump the edge of it when
> the car flexes a bit?
>
> Randy
>
> On 03/12/2012 12:29 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
>> This is an interesting question, as he mention it happening when it
>> immediately following going over some sort of bump in a driveway... I
>> dismissed this, thinking that since everything the belt drives is attached
>> to the engine in some fashion it wouldn't affect the belt.
>>
>> Could I be wrong?
>>
>> Dan

>>> pulleys that I could find.
>>>
>>> Total guess, but bad engine mounts leading to shake at idle?  Or, does son
>>> usually drive with windows down in summer?  Might the compressor pulley be
>>> shaking slightly under load?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Tim