From: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sat, Jan 5, 2013 5:04 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Opinions: 1999 Mercedes Benz 320E 4matic Wagon Dark Blue
w/tan interior

What Clay said.  Invest in a PPI from a trusted dealer or independent mechanic
and see how it looks to their discriminating eye.

That way you'll know if it's worth pursuing and you may even have some leverage
if something turns up (if you're still interested at that point.)

I would never buy a used car without a PPI, with the exception of a list member
in most cases....

Dan

On Jan 5, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Robert Koziak wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

>        I am looking to purchase a 1999 Mercedes Benz 320E 4matic wagon with
97K.  The asking price is $6,500 but I think I can get it for $5,000.  Clean
car
fax no accidents.  It was an estate car garaged kept according to the seller
who
worked for the wealthy owner.  He said it was dealer serviced by the original
owner but has no history or records.  He is selling because his wife wants a
new
car and was going to trade it in but the dealer is offering wasn't offering him
much.   Second owner it has a quite a few door dings and dents but nothing too
bad.  Everything works.  New A/C compressor.  There is condensation in one of
the headlights so that might have to be replaced.

>       I would appreciate any opinions  Was there any major issues with that
year and model car?  Is there anything I should be checking before making a
deal?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated asap.  He is not doing a hard
sell at all but is trading it in two days if it is not sold.