Its not just performance, turbocharged diesels are more efficient. Look at the
300D turbo vs the 240D. 1 extra cylinder, nearly double the horsepower, ~5%
drop in fuel economy...

-Curt

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:31:19 +1030
From: Hendrik and fay <heni...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 97 E300 Diesel snail model

This would be one of those first world problems? "OMG why isn't that
engine turbo charged?"
I think the point here is fuel economy, you want exciting buy a V8.
The turbo version only put out 160 horses, not exactly speed of light
material.
People don't buy Diesel cars for their performance.

Hendrik
who has a lot of first world problems