Good suggestion. Buy a good 5x8 trailer w/brakes and build sides for hauling loose items, dirt, gravel, ham antennas, etc. Purchase (or use) a hitch with your ML. Way better fuel econ and comfort than a truck. Not that I'm biased toward the ML :)

My $0.02 on brands.
Ford = Fix or Repair Daily, Found on Road, Dead.
Chevy = beat the *beep* outta it daily on the farm, and it keeps going
If you can't Dodge it, Ram it.
Toyota = reliable, just not quite as strong

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'98 ML320 "Max" (160,xxx mi)