The short grip of the 26 can be fixed
with a longer magazine fitted with a
slip-on grip at the bottom,

Those grip extenders are notorious for causing reliability problems.

Get a grip!  (Don't extend it, buy it long enough in the first
place.  Aka 19, 17.)  Glock grips _are_ a bit fat, but they're
all double-stack magazines.  GG was after military contracts,
no way he was going to make the thinner single-stack kind.
(Not at first, anyway, and I don't think he's changed that.)

Have I told my Glock story?  When I first bought my house was
about the same time a buddy bought his first gun, a G17.  I
had acreage, so he came out here to try it out.  (Range time
costs, and he wanted some outside fun too.)  Three of us there
to try it out.  I had some dying oranges, three of them, so I
jammed sticks in the ground and the oranges on top.