From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of David &
Kristin Gilmore
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:18 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Which Glock to buy? Now revolvers

At 12:58 PM 1/26/2013, Jim Cathey wrote:

                                                 (snip)

   Esthetically I prefer old-school work.  Like a S&W N-frame

                                                  (snip)

      Yes!   Now you are talking.  Revolvers typically are more
accurate, with a better trigger, safer, more reliable, and are best
suited for reloading your own ammunition.  I can't understand why
auto-loaders are popular, outside of competitive target shooting
where they make timed and rapid fire events easier.

      Here's my introduction to pistol shooting story.  When I was a
kid the only firearm in the house was my father's !911 .45 ACP which
he kept in the bedroom dresser drawer.  I was about 8 and my brother
11 when he finally gave in to our pestering and agreed to show us how
to shoot it.  It was loud, it kicked, and none of us could hit a tin
can much more than 10 feet away.   What a bummer.  My uncle, who was
also present, let us shoot his S&W K38 target revolver.  What a
revelation!  Since then I have fired many thousands of rounds in
handguns, but only under duress do I use auto-loaders.  I urge all
you handguners to try at least one quality target revolver before
your shooting days are over.

      Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

      The Gods are less for their love of praise.