any decent beaver-tail grip safety should negate that problem,...

cheers!

On 25/Jan/13 19:27, Dieselhead wrote:
Personally, I think they are fugly. I have wanted a 19 1 1 4 5AC P for a long time. Last fall I had the chance to fire one at the Brownell's range. It bit me between the thumb and forefinger. Not sure if it was the slide or the hammer, but I think it was the slide. So I think I would be looking further or at least trying to figger out what caused the bite and how to avoid it other than wearing gloves. I do recommend trying before you buy.