The water pump/generator arrangement on the M189 is quite unique but scary.

The parts for the coupling are NLA, and the water pump may or may not be
available.

The water pump on my 1962 300SE bit the big one, and in 1999 or 2000 it was
close to $400 and had to come from the Fatherland.

Good engine, however, but many parts are unobtanium. The distributor cap was
one I recall...

Dan